Please follow the guidelines before, during, and after your procedure to ensure that your procedure and recovery goes smoothly:
Before Your Procedure
- Notify your physician as soon as possible if there is any change in your physical condition, such as a cold or fever.
- If you wear contact lenses or glasses, bring a case for their safekeeping. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
- The night before your procedure, please follow the instructions provided by your physician. Failure to follow these instructions may result in the cancellation of your procedure.
Day of Your Procedure
- It is your responsibility to arrange in advance for a responsible adult (18 years of age or older) to drive you home. You cannot drive or be left alone during this period. If you fail to make these arrangements, your procedure may be canceled. Transportation by taxi, limousine, or ride sharing is not acceptable.
- Leave all valuables, including jewelry and cash, at home. We cannot be responsible for lost or damaged property.
- Bring a list of your medications and supplements with you on the day of your procedure, both prescription and non-prescription.
- Be prepared to sign a form giving your consent for the operation.
- Bring all insurance cards and photo ID, such as a driver’s license, and any pertinent documents with you the day of procedure. Please see the section on insurance and billing.
After Your Procedure
- Before you leave the center, you will be given written instructions for your care at home.
- After you have returned home, be sure to follow your doctor’s orders regarding diet, rest, medication and activity. It is not unusual to feel a little sleepy, lightheaded, dizzy or experience discomfort for several hours after your procedure.
- If you have any questions or problems after your procedure, please contact your doctor.
- A nurse from the center will phone you within a few days after your procedure to see how you are and answer any additional questions you may have.
- Do not drive a car, smoke, drink alcoholic beverages, sign any important
papers, make any significant decisions, operate machinery, or cook for
24 hours after procedure.